Educational institution of FIS of Ukraine
The Academy of the Foreign Intelligence of Ukraine
The Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine has its own higher educational institution - the Academy of the Foreign Intelligence of Ukraine, which, according to the state order, prepares, retrains and upgrades the qualification of the staff of the SZR of Ukraine and other intelligence agencies of Ukraine.
The educational process at the Academy is organized in accordance with the requirements of the Laws of Ukraine “On Education” and “On Higher Education”, normative-legal acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, instructions and orders of the Chairman of the SZR of Ukraine.
The main directions of the Academy's educational activity are:
- training of specialists for a "Master'" and "Ph.D." degrees in the specialty 256 National Security (in certain spheres of security and types of activity);
- retraining and advanced training of the staff of the SZR of Ukraine and other intelligence agencies of Ukraine by areas of activity of the HUMINT and Technical Special Departments.
The Academy can be entered for training by the military servicemen of the SZR of Ukraine, who have expressed a desire to get an appropriate educational degree in the specified specialty:
- Master's degree – those who have a Bachelor's degree, (educational qualification level of a specialist) or Master's Degree, regardless of the direction of training, and are recommended by the heads of structural departments of the SZR of Ukraine to enter the Academy;
- Doctor of Philosophy degree – those who have a Master's degree (educational qualification level of a specialist) regardless of the direction of training and are recommended by the heads of structural departments of the SZR of Ukraine to enter the Academy.
Admission for study is conducted on a competitive basis, according to the results of entrance tests.
Requirements to candidates for study at the Academy of the Foreign Intelligence of Ukraine:
- to have a good command of, at least, one (preferably English) foreign language, the level of knowledge of which is tested by professionals during the entrance tests;
- to have an excellent command of the oral and written business Ukrainian language;
- to be well informed about political events in the world and in Ukraine, to know the main problems of the modern world and to give them an argumentative assessment;
- to know the laws of Ukraine regulating the activities of the SZR of Ukraine, to have an idea about the specifics of intelligence work;
- to have dedicated patriotic, moral and motivated mindset for intelligence training and further service at the SZRU;
- to have a good health condition and level of physical training, which are necessary for special training at the Academy under high physical, psychological and emotional stress;
- to be ready to undergo training at the Academy under certain restrictions (movement, residence, visiting family, etc.);
- to be prepared for learning a foreign language, which will be determined by the leadership of the SZR of Ukraine when enrolling a candidate for study at the Academy on the basis of the needs of the service;
- to have communicative skills, sociable qualities, teamwork skills.
The term of study in graduate programme is one and a half years, in post-graduate programme - four years.
Retraining and advanced training of the staff of the SZR of Ukraine and other intelligence agencies of Ukraine take place at the Academy at the course of advanced study and trainings with a term of training from 1 day to 6 months.
The management, scientific and pedagogical staff of the Academy constantly adapt the content of training to the modern requirements and needs of the intelligence, introduce new progressive methods into the educational process, invite the best professionals in different spheres of knowledge and experts in its practical application.
The Academy has concluded a number of agreements with leading institutions of higher education of Ukraine on cooperation in the educational and scientific spheres.